Friday, March 07, 2003

Well the Midnight game was fun last night. Although at the end it seemed that the only thing that happened was that Odrik, the dworg (half orc, half dwarf) chopped down a really old tree (nine feet in diameter). We forgot that we fought a horde of ungrell (undead) and a legate (the Bad Guy's priests) who should have handed us our b#tts. But with this group of players it's always a hoot no matter what happens.

Work

Work is the same. I need to clean up one of the databases I wrote a script to populate but that's no biggie.

Games

The Star Wars game got preempted by a balky mailing list server and a sick player. We didn't play. And two of the players are leaving for a vacation so it looks like all my clever GM tricks are going to have to wait for a week or two.

I have to (sheepishly) admit that I bought Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball for my Xbox a bit ago. Lots of jiggly women playing volleyball and laying out in the sun. The volleyball game itself is okay, even fun once you get the hang of it. The other parts are gratituous at best. But the dialog is all in Japanese. I spent awhile trying to figure out if I had inadvertantly set something wrong but I can't find where you can change it. Ah well, it's not like it's a real game anyway. I'll just go back to the Buffy game and interspace it with Mech Assault (which I'm stuck on).

I need to get back into Dark Age of Camelot some more. My main character is now trying to raise his tailoring skill since I'm the primary tailor for my guild. That's not nearly as exciting as hunting things but it has it's own rewards (that's what I keep telling myself anyway!). I'm one of the founding member of Nature's Shadow. :-)

I ran (was the BattleMaster) the league game for MechWarrior game at Valhalla's Gate this week. If I do it all month I'll get one of each of the limited edition figures. Pretty slick since when I play I can never manage to win so I wouldn't get more than one of the four (you get one of two for participating) otherwise. And I had a blast running it and helping people out. I may shift over to more running than playing for this game. I even wrote up some news items I wanted to announce. Then I decided to type them up so they'd be easier to read and that morphed into a newsletter for the game. Okay, I'm a freak, I know it!

'Puters

The Axim is pretty cool. Erik made me some cheese wallpaper for the main screen and I loaded all my game documents into it. So now when we play I have the Midnight info right there. I also put the spreadsheets I use to keep track of my MechWarrior figures on it so I can see what I have when people want to trade. Cool.

Stuff

The Lady I'm seeing is going out of town this week. She's into the SCA and there is a big war she's going to attend. I did my best to convince her that she should go and have fun and now I find myself missing her even before she's left.

I need to get back to the gym and work out like I did before the accident. I feel all gooey and sloggy. But they're doing renovations on the gym and the nearest showers are in the next building over. Maybe when it gets warmer I will get off my b#tt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home