Thursday, August 18, 2005

War "Correspondant"?

In my wanderings this afternoon I was looking for blogs written by soldiers deployed. I found an NPR piece on several with some interesting content.

http://www.onthemedia.org/

Something tells me that if the internet were as big in the mid 80s when I was in Germany I might have gotten myself in some serious trouble. Now granted the leadership we had was all active Army rather than National Guard people (National Guard officers tend to be even more spastic and draconian since they often feel that the Active guys don't take them seriously - which is somewhat true, I mean how can you feel that a guy who does this soldier stuff two days a month is your equal?) but still, my opinions on some of the stuff we had to do was pretty caustic.

Just ask Tony or Verb!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home