Thursday, May 06, 2004

Okay, this is not my fault

I'm just following Ryan's instructions.

"Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad to find herself a handsome young stud and have herself assigned to him, to gracefully slip into retirement ... Perhaps if she pleased Dyran enough, when he tired of her, he would permit her to have a mate of her own choosing."

It's from Elvenbane by Andre Norton and Mercedes Lackey (yes John, I can read her and I do have a penis). And it's not really a torrid romance novel since it's about elves and humans and dragons. And the only scenes were people are missing their clothing involves babies who were just born so clothing is optional for them (anyone who has young children or is friends of people with children will understand how optional clothing usually is for them - the kids you freak!).

Here are the instructions which caused me to post such a ... well to post it.
Instructions: Grab the nearest book, open it to page 23, find the 5th sentence, post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.

And being as literally minded as those who know me know only I can be, this is the 5th sentence since the first isn't complete and thus doesn't count.