Friday, June 11, 2004

A non-lowfat condiment

I was listening to the radio this morning (as I always do while I get ready for work) and I hear the new Subway commercials. Annoying but primarily for the source material they were making fun of, motivational speakers. However they said "Atkins" sixteen times (or so it seemed). But I guess if you're paid a royality for a name you want to use it as much as you can (which reminds me of an old cartoon I saw years ago talking about a radio station's "play it till you're sick of it weekend" - "only seven hundred and forty-three more calls before we stop playing ..." I don't even remember the name of the song).

After Erik bought his scooter, Mary found two for sale (new ones) for the same amount (so they both could have one). D'oh.

He told me last night that you can't keep frozen food in your freezer for months unless you have a 'deep freeze'. So I put my last pound of shrimp (farm raised of course) in the fridge to defrost. Now, what to fix it in?

<omit a section about people's driving since I complain enough about that as it is>

I knew there was something else I meant to say. I get so many ideas for things to comment on here when I'm in the shower and then I inevitably forget 95% of them before I get here and can post them.

Double negatives. A "non-lowfat condiment" (mayonaisse - sp?) for the subway sandwiches to be under 6 grams of fat. NO CHEESE! Blasphemy! But I've heard double negatives like that used so infrequently in advertising that I wonder how many people will catch that and realize that you're not supposed to put mayo on the sandwich in order to keep down the fat content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home