Thursday, March 31, 2005

I found a new motto for

the neocons.

A couple of weeks ago John sent me a free month of netflix. I signed up and put up a queue and started getting movies I hadn't caught in the theater but wanted to see. Last weekend I saw "Napoleon Dynamite", "Being John Malkovich" and "12 Monkeys". All very odd but I thoroughly enjoyed them. The next on the list was "Mean Girls". That arrived yesterday and I started watching it last night before West Wing (which is followed by South Park and Good Eats).

I found the funniest thing I've heard in quite awhile and it stuck me as a wonderful motto for the neocons.

Homeschooled Boy: "And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle, so that Man could fight the dinosaurs. And the homosexuals."

I'll prolly finish watching it tonight.



Schiavo died finally. And reading a summary of the last 15 years it seems that the basis of the whole fight was money. Shortly after her initial incident (which apparently was caused by a potassium imbalance resulting from her bulimia) they won a malpractice case worth a million dollars. Her parents didn't start trying to have him removed as guardian until after the court split the money and gave him 30% of it.

Figures.


Got a note from the University congratulating me on my 10 years working here. Odd, since I've only worked here 8 years. Let's hope their math skills don't extend to the payroll department!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home