Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Read this book

Sunday I finished reading "In The Company Of Heroes" by CWO 4 Michael Durant. He was one of the blackhawk pilots shot down in Mogadishu in October 1993. It's a hell of a story and a great book. Read it.

It was eerie though, he finished Flight School at Fort Rucker in November of 1983. I graduated from the University of Illinois is June of 1985 and was posted to Fort Rucker for Flight School. By then he had spent a year in Korea and been posted back to Fort Campbell, assigned to the 101st Airborne. If I had finished flight school I could see myself having gone down the path he did rather than becoming a Combat Engineer in Germany. I've been thinking about writing him a letter but haven't decided yet.



The last game of the Retreat is done now. We played Jason's Fourth Age game and discovered that one of the Palantir was on top of Mount Everest. And Moria is apparently underneath it. Cool. All of us survived this one but it was a near thing in a few cases and it seemed we missed more skill checks than we made!

I'll have the pictures up today some time but the rest of them are already up including a great group shot that Jeff turned into an album cover.



Tricia told me that they've found some information on the web which describes Matt's behavior very closely so they're going to a new psyiatrist and see if they can't get him tested for this. It's got something to do with lesions on the frontal cortex of the brain. Pretty serious sounding stuff. But if we can get a correct diagnosis then we're that much closer to getting him the help he needs.

Well guess I'd better go get some work done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home