Thursday, April 14, 2005

An eye for an eye?

Whoa!

I used to be pro death penalty. Some crimes seemed henious enough to demand it. I must be getting soft in my old age, however, since I don't necessarily support it wholeheartedly. Given the vagaries of our legal system, unless someone confesses to the crime, are we ever 100% totally certain someone is guilty?

Now this one seems pretty severe. Bombing abortion clinics and claiming that killing in defense of life is right and correct? Not even claiming he was framed like the white supremicist in Chicago did a few weeks ago. Puts me in mind of a humorous slogan I created in high school, "I'm going to make the world a better place if I have to kill every man, woman and child on Earth to do it!" (I was apparently experimenting with irony then).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home