Monday, October 17, 2005

Finished

Well I finished reading "My War: Killing Time In Iraq" by Colby Buzzell. That's the one from the most popular milblog, another of those blogger-gets-a-book-deal. It was an interesting book. The cover blubs compair it to Heller's Catch-22 and Kerr's Dispatches, both of which I've read. I'll have to let it percolate for awhile before I pass judgement on that particular statement. However I did enjoy it (as much as a book on war can be enjoyable).

Matt has now, officially, given up on karate. I suspect if we pressed him for a reason he might actually admit that it was too hard but I doubt it. Surrender isn't a character trait I really want to encourage but I don't want to force him to do things, that often only engenders negative feelings.

Tonight is the first Firefly game. And it seems like my second choice (mechanic, Sharon took my first choice, pilot) maybe be taken by Brand. Guess that leaves me with the Jayne character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home