Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Mmmm, cheese

I made this one of Alton's recipes last night. I told Matt I was making it but didn't see the dishes in the sink which indicated that he'd already eaten. His loss because it turned out great.

It called for 10 ounces of grated cheese and I had an 8 oz package of colby so I used that. I added another handful or two of some sharp cheddar and didn't taste it until half way through my first helping. So I had to have some more because the difference between the smooth colby and the bite of the cheddar was wonderful. I'd think that if you make this you should use a mellow cheese with a bit of something strong to give you a nice one-two hit of flavor.

Now to try the baked version (which you can fry up any left overs).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home