Thursday, July 28, 2005

Not so swift?

Okay, it's a tragedy (the death of a few as opposed to hundreds, thousands or millions). The four scout leaders that were electrocuted in Virginia recently.

However I now read that they violated one of their own rules and pitched the dining tent under power lines. We're approaching Darwin territory here ...

And the President was going to speak at a special memorial yesterday afternoon but it was 100 degrees so it was postponed. However 300 scouts had to be taken to the hospital for heat injuries. Now I don't know about any of you but I was a boy scout for awhile. And I seem to recall that one of the major mottos was to "be prepared" and the whole "do things safe" schtick.

Both of these incidents seem to lead me to thing that the whole movement is rapidly approaching Darwin territory ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home