Thursday, March 25, 2004

Well that turned out to be typical of me.

Andy's wedding was at a small church southeast of Lynn, which is 25 miles or so (I know that *now*!) east of Jefferson City at noon last Saturday. Jeff city is 30 miles south of Columbia. So I figured that 50 minutes was plenty of time to get there. I left at about 5 after eleven after doing errands most of the morning.

Well 50 minutes later I still wasn't there and it was pretty obvious that I was going to be about 10 minutes later. Having been to a few weddings before I didn't think that was too big a deal. I mean dillb's wedding lasted a good hour and a half I think. Of course they are both members of a religion who takes communion at weddings (don't remember which).

I finally find the church and pull up and Jason and his wife see me arrive and step over (the yellow car is hard to miss once you've seen it the first time). He sounds like he's joking when he tells me that it's over but he wasn't. The ceremony took all of 7 minutes and they started 10 minutes early because the pianist ran out of music to play. He did have a plan for me to sneak around back, go in the basement door then come out the front and go through the receiving line (as if I haven't been through enough receiving lines in my military days!). It might have worked if their doors hadn't been locked.

D'oh Seems par for me these days. Talk about "low key"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home