Monday, February 14, 2005

Recreation?

Too much TV or too much computer gaming?

I've noticed lately that I'm either playing WoW or watching TV (usually the SciFi channel). There are a few nights where there are a series of shows I want to watch. Last night, for example, I usually catch "The Simpsons" and then "Arrested Development". I then saw "Desparate Housewives" (more on that below) and "Enterprise". It was kind of like Fridays (when I watch "Andromedia", "Stargate SG-1", "Stargate Atlantis" and "Battlestar Galactica" all in a row).

And it's not like I still have that strange notion that your recreation time must be "productive", that you "have to get something done" as far as your fun. If I fritter away my recreation time then that's fine if I've enjoyed what I was doing. That's the whole point of recreation, to get away and do the fun.

I saw last night, that they're advertising the "Final Enterprise Episodes". I guess that Rick Berman and Brannon Bragga have finally killed Star Trek then. I wonder if they're planning on another one and what the (stupid) premise will be. Last night's show wasn't too bad. They're doing some more things with the Andorians (good I think) but they did (or have) introduced the Romulans about 150 years too early (typically bad). Or maybe it's only 50 years too early. That's not quite so bad since Romulans live as long as Vulcans (200+ years) so it would mean that some of the characters introduced now might theoretically be around at the time of classic Trek.

Strangely this doesn't bother me a whole lot but then I suppose that's because I've given up on the show and expect nothing as far as good stories or plot consistency. I'm not invested any more. They're going to do something stupid with the plot so when they don't it's surprising rather than the converse. Continuity, that's the term I was looking for. Keeping things within the setting the same in this show as they've previously established in the other shows. Something Bragga cares nothing for (if he doesn't downright do everything he can to NOT make things consistent).

It's a bit sad though since I like most of the cast. Blalock (T'Pol) and Park (Sato) are nice to watch and I like Trinnear (Tucker) and Bakula (the captain). I especially like John Billingsley (Doctor Flox). I hope I can see what they're all working on next. I also hope the crew gets good jobs, since the production values (sets, costumes, special effects, etc.) are good. However I hope Berman and Bragga Rot In Hell For All Eternity.

I watched all of an episode of "Desparate Housewives". It was pretty amusing and I heard a wonderful line.

Doctor "So you're fine with a life of repression and denial?"
Bree "We're W.A.S.P.s doctor, denying the elephant in the room is 'What We Do'."



Well the snoopy upgrade went to hell. I had to roll it back and that took three hours to finish. We'll have to test it some more and see if we can make it work better in the lab.



Valentine's day is today. Lorie didn't want to do anything and since we're not really dating I figured that if I went overboard with stuff it would just be ... hmm, not even sure what word to use. Ah well.

Well enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home