Thursday, November 09, 2006

Those immortal words ...

"But if you want, you could come over to my house this weekend and we could play."

Wil Wheaton's Geek in Review: A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Geek

It's been so long ago I don't remember anymore how or when I got into D&D.

I recall clearly the "Little Black Books" that were the basic Traveler edition, that came in a little black (5"x7") box. I may very well still have them in a box which has very nearly everything GDW ever published for Traveler.

I recall the very first (board war)game I ever played. It was with a fellow at the Alternative Middle School named Danny and it was Avalon Hill's Afrika Korps. One of our favorite rules was that if you captured ... hmm, I don't recall the name of the town but it was on the coast and had no purpose whatsoever within the game, but if you captured it you won. I guess that was our very first "House Rule".

What a long trip it's been. And we're no where near the end yet. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home