Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Jack's Gourmet

Well last week one of the email guys was selling lunches from this place to raise money for "Meals on Wheels". He made a persuasive case and I ordered two of them (since they were only $10 apiece). However they weren't delivered on Friday before I had to leave for Op Center duty so they went into the refridgerator.

Yesterday and today I tried them and I was not at all impressed. Box lunch sandwiches (which is to say "dry_bread + some_meat ne sandwich;" - 'ne' is perl for 'not equal to') with some sort of pretty bad pasta salad (they might try a bit more olive oil and some actual spices). The cookies were okay but not good enough to support the whole thing. Today's had a soggy sandwich I didn't even try to eat. The same bad pasta salad. But the fruit salad looked a little better (yesterday's had pretty much three pieces of melon and a whole lot of pineapple - okay but not much of a 'salad') but still not enough to support the whole thing.

So I've never eaten at Jack's Gourmet and now I never plan to. I should have just given the twenty bucks entirely to the charity instead. D'oh

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Jack's food (in the restaurant) is actually pretty good.... those sandwiches sound terrible, though, so probably not a good move on their part.

Then again, for service and food, you can't beat C.C.'s.

You'll pay for it, though. But you'd pay at Jack's, too.

10:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home