Thursday, November 04, 2004

Whew

And I thought I was unhappy about Bush getting reelected. As I read assorted news pieces and blogs yesterday I found a lot of people talking about moving to Canada. Last night at dinner Jack pointed out a certain historical personality who was elected to be the Chancellor of a country in 1933. In 1939 he invaded the rest of Europe. I pointed out that he invaded his neighbor Austria in 1936. Canada???
(okay this is another one of my obscure references but if you don't get it don't worry, that means you won't be offended by the apparent comparison)

More later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not exactly a subtle comparision... :-)

One I fear, but hopefully not one's that is completely accurate.

-joe

00:31  
Blogger banzai said...

No but it was mostly in jest.

Saw a funny bumper sticker at Cool Stuff the other day, "I wasn't using my Civil Liberties anyway!".

09:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home